ABLF – Association Belge pour la Lecture Section francophone / BELFRA – Belgian Francophone Reading Association
The Belgian Francophone Reading Association was founded in 1974 and charted as a member organisation of IRA in November 14, 1975.
Belfra is a forum, a space for promoting mutual understanding and cooperation between reading professionals from various horizons—teachers, socio-educational workers, teacher trainers, researchers, librarians. Interactions are expected to disseminate knowledge helpful for solving problems related to literacy in a critical and non-simplistic way.
The association has approximately 100 members.
– Organization of conferences:
- Francophone conferences in Namur (2005), Bruxelles (2008)
- European conference in Mons (2011)
- Caractères: a quarterly journal for practicionners willing to exchange experiences on reading and writing learning at all levels of education, at teacher education level, in the adult education sector, with a heading allocated to children literature.
- Lettrure: an new on-line and peer review journal for researchers
For more information please see our website www.ablf.be (in French)
National report: BELFRAreport_2011