On Januari, 20 we had the Conference Literacy in the digital Age at the Lithuania National Library in Vilnius, Lithuania. We will put as many presentations as possible here to look at and to download. Come back to check if there are any additions.
CONFERENCE: LITERACY IN THE DIGITAL AGE
FRIDAY, JANUARY 20th, 2017
The Lithuania National Library, Vilnius
10.00-12.00 Plenary session (simultaneous translation).
Chair: Daiva Penkauskienė
- Jeroen Clemens Digital Literacies and challenge for the language curriculum.
- Laura Brochet Media and Information Literacy in Education of conscious, active, creative future citizens.
- Renate Valtin Facing the European Literacy Challenge: Some information about ELINET, the European Literacy Policy Network.
12.00-12.30 Coffee break
12.30-14.00 PARALLEL SESSIONS
I. Literacy and special needs education: different approaches and perspectives. Moderator Rūta Kačkutė
- Ann-Sofie Selin. Prevention and support for all learners.
- Greg Brooks. What works for children with literacy difficulties?
- Hanna Sauerborn. Literacy and special needs education: different approaches and perspectives.
II. Reading promotion in the Digital Age. Moderator Rūta Elijošaitytė-Kaikarė
- Juli-Anna Aerila. Helping children enjoy reading.
- Silvija Tretjakova. Reading Promotion in Latvia: developing a comprehensive multi-level literacy program.
- Natalya Kurikalova. Education and reading programs for children undergoing long-time treatment in hospitals.
III. Literacy in the changing world: challenges and opportunities. Moderator Valentina Dagienė
- Veronika Rot Gabrovec. Did the earth move for you too? Digital (non)natives, and multimodal folk tales.
- Elizabeth Broad. Interactive text: distraction, engagement and understanding.
- Ana Tymcuk How to help immigrants with Literacy
IV. Teaching Literacy in All Content Area and Life Long Learning. Moderator Daiva Penkauskienė
- Maria de Lourdes Dionísio. Concepts and activities for learning in content area literacy: the Bleteach findings. Authors: Maria de Lourdes Dionísio & Juliana Cunha
- Susan Møller. Danish truck drivers know where they can get better literacy skills after a targeted information campaign.
- Margit Böck. Information Habitus, New Literacy Studies, and ‘at-risk social groups’.
V. Literacy Teacher Education: effective practices. Moderator Žydronė Žukauskaitė-Kasparienė
- Ulla Britt Persson. Focus: Literacy. An Overview of Initial and In-service Teacher Training in Sweden.
- Brian Murphy. Evolution in initial teacher education in literacy for teachers of adolescent learners: The Irish experience
- Rasa Jančiauskaitė. Project “Media and Information Literacy“
Stand session and coffee
Introduction Ann-Sofie Selin
Dr. William G. Brozo Boys’ Media as a Resource in Their Own Literacy Development