FELA, the Federation of European Literacy Associations, welcomes applications for Full and Associate Membership.
For a list of current members click here.
Membership of FELA is open to any organisation which is concerned with or interested in literacy and has legal personality and legal capacity and whose objectives are compatible with those of the Federation – our objectives can be seen in our Articles of Association here. The main target group of the Federation is Europe-based organisations, but relevant organisations beyond Europe may join. Full membership is open to national literacy/reading associations in or near Europe which have legal personality and legal capacity.
Associate membership is open, but not restricted, to the following categories of organisation which have legal personality and legal capacity:
- Ministries and governmental agencies (GOV)
- Regional educational authorities and agencies (REG)
- Research institutions and universities (RES)
- Relevant NGOs (NGO)
- International institutes and agencies (INT)
- European and national networks (NET)
- Relevant international associations and networks (INET) and relevant organisations outside Europe (NE)
Membership is institutional, not individual.
Organisations apply for membership in writing. The application procedure is simple, and can be seen here.