Welcome to the 18th European Conference on Reading!
In Jönköping, Sweden, August 6-9, 2013
- New dd. 14-06-13
- Updated version Program Conference
- Letter to presenters at the 18th European Conference on Reading
- Registration closes on 19th June. You can communicate with the agency after that but not register on the website.
- Detailed information at www.destinationjonkoping.se/scira
- Register to the conference online
- Download Travel to Jönköping
The Conference 2013 is held at the University of Jönköping. The university is located in the city centre with a walking distance to the rail station and the city centre.
The conference is arranged by SCIRA (Swedish Council of International Reading Association), in cooperation with School of Education and Communication, Jönköping University, IDEC (International Reading Association’s International Development in Europe Committee) and FELA (Federation of European Literacy Associations)
Venue: School of Education and Communication, Jönköping University
Registration fee before 15 May 2013 1350 SEK (160 €), after 15 May 2013 1550 SEK (180 €)
Accompanying person: 650 SEK (82 €)
Deadline for Proposals: 1 November 2012
Detailed information at www.destinationjonkoping.se/scira or www.scira.nu
Conference Theme: New Challenges – New Literacies
Donald Leu, University of Connecticut, USA
Jackie Marsh, Sheffield University, UK
Elsie Anderberg, Jönköping University, Sweden
Stefan Samuelsson, Linköping University, Sweden
Literacy and the social media/Digital literacy
Learning to teach literacy/teacher education
Second language literacy/ Reading and writing in a foreign language