FEDERATION OF EUROPEAN LITERACY ASSOCIATIONS
AWARD FOR INNOVATIVE LITERACY PROMOTION IN EUROPE
To recognise, celebrate and reward innovative work for literacy promotion in Europe nominated by one or more member associations of the Federation of European Literacy Associations.
The work for which the Award is sought shall have been completed during the two years ending one year before the Conference at which the Award is to be presented. On-going work may be considered eligible provided that significant outcomes have been achieved by the date of nomination.
Note: For the Award to be presented at the 22nd European Conference on Literacy in Dublin, Ireland, in 2022, nominations shall close on September 1st, 2021.
Applications should be sent to the FELA chair Márín Wilson, Ireland FELALiteracyEurope@gmail.com
- 1997 in Brussels: European dimension through using children’s literature (UK)
- 2001 in Dublin: Bibliotherapy for war trauma (Croatia)
- 2005 in Zagreb: “Reading Fun” (Estonia)
- 2007 in Berlin: “Giving life to letters” (Portugal)
- 2009 in Braga: “Lugemispesa” / “Reading Nest” (Estonia)
- 2011 in Mons: “Welcome in the Library, the Romani” (Slovenia)
- 2013 in Jönköping: “Improving literacy skills of deaf children” (Ireland)
- 2015 in Klagenfurt: “To read and to talk with the wise” (Slovenia)
- 2017 in Madrid: “Prison reading program” (Croatia)
- 2019 in Copenhagen: “Invito Alla Lettura, TV and Web literacy programme for the professional development of teachers” (Italy) Read about it in Literacy Today (Nov/Dec 2019) LT373_Literacy Award_2019
International Literacy Association (ILA)
All necessary information can be found here
Tilka Jamnik (Slovenian Reading Association) – the recipient of the Maryann Manning Special Service Award 2019.