The 18th European Conference on Reading was held in Jönköping, Sweden, August 6-9, 2013 and was a success. More than 300 participants, almost 170 presentations and workshops.The weather was great and so was Jönköping.
The programme and other information you’ll find on the Conference Page of the European Conference on Reading 2013.
In this post presentations will be shared in alphabetical order. Come back regularly to look for updates. We would prefer it if you upload your presentation to http://www.slideshare.net and give us the link so our server will not be overloaded. If this is not possible, send the original presentation or ask for help. Send link or presentation to europeidec[at]gmail.com.
- Donald Leu: The New Literacies of Online Resarch and Comprehension: Reading with a Lens the Past and with a lens to the Future
- Jackie Marsh Digital Futures: Learning and Teaching Literacy in the Digital Age
- Stefan Samuelsson Behavior-Genetic Studies of Academic Performance in School Students: Implications for Professionals in Psychology and Education
Presentations and workshops
- Maria Belokolenko Intellectual contests in the library as a method to raise motivation for reading
- William G. Brozo, Christine Garbe, Gerry Shiel, Sari Sulkunen, Renate Valtin How in the World do Children Read? Insights from PIRLS 2011
- Jeroen Clemens Online Reading Comprehension: New Challenge for (Language) Teachers
- Henrietta Dombey Synthetic phonics is not enough: teaching young children to read and write in English
- Valentina A. Ermolenko Universal functional Literacy in response to new challenges for safety of life activity
- Astrid Rank Preparing teacher students for linguistic and cultural diversity
- Karin Renblad and Jane Brodin An evaluation of a development project in a Swedish municipality
- Nataly Smetannikova The POWER of READING (in Foreign Languages)
- Ariana-Stanca Vacareta & Maria Kovacs Teacher training for innovative reading-writing instruction
- Karin Renblad, Monica Thörnberg, Carin Hellberg & Jane Brodin in collaboration with the participants in the research circle. Research circle on children’s learning with focus on language development in preschool