On the 20th of March 2012 this year’s winner of the ALMA Prize (the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award) was announced.
It goes to the Dutch author Guus Kuijer.
He is not very well known worldwide but his books are very popular in The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany and some of them have been filmed as well. His books are translated to a few languages (I read in the newspaper that nine of his books are translated into Swedish), but I guess that the award will make him more famous.
ALMA is the largest money prize given to authors of books for children and youth (5 million Swedish Crowns, over half a million Euros).
- Conference Literacy in the digital Age Vilnius 20.01.17
- 20th European Conference on Literacy 2017 Call for papers extended
- 3rd Baltic Sea – 17th Nordic Literacy Conference Key notes & Presentations
- ILA Research Panel featured research session on Dyslexia
- Call for Project ideas for 2017: Skills are Key!